Siam Thai, Chpping Sodbury South Gloucestershire.

If I’m ever peckish and would like a decent, affordable, tasty slice of home cooking and have got time on my hands then I take myself off to this place. Family run Siam Thai restaurant in Chipping Sodbury. It’s just a stones throw away from where I live so it’s incredibly convenient. But more importantly it’s delicious. Siam Thai offers customers a taste of authentic home cooked Thai cuisine at an affordable cost. They do a great lunch time menu where one course can cost as little as £5.00. The food is all cooked fresh to order and there isn’t much of a wait during lunch time service. I usually go there with a friend and we both go for three courses with a couple of drinks and it costs us about £30.00? The dish I would recommend is the Thai chicken toast which is more or less the same as Chinese prawn toast but with chicken, pad Thai pork noodles and an ice cream dessert. The flavours are delicate and well balanced and do not over power each other. Service is quick but that’s because during a lunch time there’s hardly anyone on there. The restaurant itself is quite dated and the staff are very formal. It’s very quiet in there with almost no atmosphere and your very conscious of how loud your speaking. This can put a lot of people off I know as most do like a good natter over a meal. Now obviously I am talking about a lunchtime service so this isn’t what it is like in the evenings. In fact when I have walked passed of an evening the atmosphere seems to be a lot more upbeat and livelier. The restaurant definitely needs updating but the food in my opinion doesn’t. So if you want a quick and tasty lunch which is good value for money and your not too picky on the restaurant setting then I’d very much recommend Siam Thai.



Comments